If you follow my recipes, you know I like pork and you know I like avocados. I put them together in my first time making pork soup. Pork tends to be really affordable. We got a great deal on a shank roast. We had it for dinner. There was plenty left over, and a good size bone with a joint. I stripped the meat off of the bone and stewed it with a Spanish onion, cut in half, for half a day, in about 5 quarts of water with about a Tablespoon of turmeric, in a 10 quart sauce pan. I discarded the onion and the bone, and refrigerated the broth overnight.
- Broth in 10 quart sauce pan
- 6 carrots sliced thin
- 1 leek diced, including green leaves
- 8 or 9 radishes quartered
- large handful of fresh kale, chopped
- ~ 8 sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 4 ounces pea shoots, chopped
- 2 large Hass avocados peeled & diced
- ~ 1/2″ fresh ginger grated
- 15 twists medium grind black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon ground sage
- ~ 1 pound pork diced small, including fat portions
- water to almost fill pot
Basically, heat up the broth and start chopping and adding the ingredients in order and stew. It makes a great soup! It’s healthy , too, for an Atkins diet.