We were given a large chunk of leftover gyro lamb meat from a church festival. You know what they say, “When life gives you gyro lamb meat, make Gyro Lamb Avocado Mango Hash!” What, you have never heard them say that? That’s because they have not tried mine.
- ~ 2 pounds Gyro Lamb meat
- 1/2 Fennel split lengthwise, diced, including fronds
- ~ a cup of sweet pepper pieces, red & yellow
- 3 cloves Garlic, pressed
- bunch of fresh Cilantro chopped
- 3 Mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Hass Avocados or 2 Florida Avocado, pitted, peeled & cubed
- 20 twists of Black Pepper
- ~ 4 ounces of Feta Cheese
Use a large skillet. Slice the lamb, then break it into bite sized pieces. Throw the Lamb and the Fennel into the hot skillet and brown. Stir and flip while cooking. Add the the Peppers and Garlic next. Then add the Cilantro, the Mangoes & the Avocados. Stir in and continue to cook until everything is soft and juicy. Twist the Pepper. Break up the cheese on top. Cover for a minute or two to help the cheese melt a bit and serve.
I know it sounds a little unusual. I made it for my family. They loved it. They took the leftovers in their lunches and asked for it again!
Puf da buna!